Latvia. Latvian Adult Education Association
Latvian Adult Education Association (LAEA) is nongovernmental organization, which unites 62 juridical and physical entities – adult education institutions in Latvia.
Latvian Adult Education Association is founded in 1993 and its goal is to promote development of non formal education system in Latvia, participate in creating life long learning policy and promote evelopment of civil, democratic and well balanced society.
From 1995 Latvian Adult Education Association is member organization of European Adult Education Association. and European Society for Research on the Education of Adults. LAEA is a member of Latvian Platform of Development Education and Civic Aliance – Latvia.
Latvian Adult Education Association is participating in developing National Development Plans and Strategies of adult education., represents non-governmental sector in Supervisiory Board of European Social Fund.
Latvian Adult Education Association has remarkable experience in organization of different activities, for example European Adult Education Association`s conference “Equal opportunities for all”, where participants from 24 Europen countries take part and different European and national educational seminars.
Latvian Adult Education Association has network including adult education organizations of whole Latvia, experienced trainers, approbated programs, methodological and educational materials.
Main directions of work:
- Development of life long learning system in Latvia
- Methodological and educational support to adult education institutions
- Education of youth, integration them in labor market and society
- Civil education for integration in society
- Integration of retired people and other social risk groups in society.
LAEA has remarkable experience in projects:
- 2004/2006 “Managing Quality of Adult Education in urope”, supported by Leonardo da Vinci programme,
- 2004/2006 “A Good Adult Educator in Europe: curriculum development”, supported by Grundtvig multilateral programme; 2005/2006 “Promotion of multicultural understanding and civil participation in Latvia communities” supported by Phare and Social integration Fund;
- 2007/2008 “Preretirement age people intergration in the labour market”, supported by European Social fund; Fund; 2009 /2011 „Creativity and Enterplenurship Seeds for Social Inclusion” supported by Grundtvig program;
- 2007-2010 Milenium Goals supported by EK; 2011/2012 „Improving educator`s resilience to stress”;
- 2011/2013 Becoming enterpreneurs! Developing new skills for new jobs”, supported by Leonardo da Vinci programme;
- 2012/2013 Towards an integrated system for validation of non-formal and informal learning: initiating a national network of cooperation and information exchange” supported by KA1-ECETA program.
Sarmite Pilate, director of Latvian Adult Education Association since 2010 has professional qualification in English teaching and Master`s degree in Economics. Work experience includes international coordination in the field of Lifelong learning: teaching experience in adult education; coordinator of many EU Lifelong Learning projects from 2002; co-author of several education programmes and methodological materials
Sandra Pallo, Master`s degree in Pedagogy, business consult and trainer, consultant of personal development and evaluation. Has studied social psychology, art therapy and personal management. Has worked out and enforced personal evaluation system and competence modules, does evaluation of personnel and managers, leads career interviews in Latvia enterprises. Does selection of personnel and consults staff and managers of enterprises in career and development questions, leads seminars in enterprises and delivers lectures “ Methods of investigation of personal in institutions” in Universities . Co-author of the books and education course “Compass” and „Intensive learning of languages”.
Dr Mārīte Kravale Pauliņa, manager of Daugavpils Career and Initiative Centre, psychologist, career consultant. Works with youth and adults, helping in everyday difficulties. Leads seminars about communication, CV writing, motivation and stress management etc. Leads Masters programme “Career consultant and youth specialist”, monitors the content of the programme and organizes cooperation with different organizations.
Jolanta Priede, Managaer of Cooperative client department in Transport and Communication Institute , Director of Life long Learning Centre, Private career consultant (www.KarjerasKonsultants.lv ). Consults youth and adults in career and development questions, leads training in entrepreneur skills development and usage of couching games.
Agnese Megne, Master degree in career guidance, additional education about investigation of different types of personalities and communication styles and compliance with concrete profession, persons behavior in usual everyday life and stress situations. Consults youth and adults in her private enerprise, leads seminars and development groups.
Andra Vanaga, Master degree of law, Board member of Society “Solis tuvāk” and Latvija- Turkey Society “Arkadas”. Organizes activities connected with career guidance for children and youth in Ķekava County.
Ginta Logina, Board member of Society “Solis tuvāk”. Have participated in several project connected with career guidance and have worked out career guidance model for persons from age 7-70.